[Snort-users] Snort Sensor Placement Outside Firewall

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Jun 25 22:39:14 EDT 2003

David,

What volume of traffic do you have to manage everyday and how much time do
you actually spend managing that traffic. I’m assuming that you do have the
IDS on the outside of the firewall? This was the crux of Rich’s question. If
your IDS is on the outside of your firewall can you tell me what the reason
is?

Cheers

Michael