[Snort-users] UPDATE eth1 without an IP = no worky

Jason Whitson jason at ...9559...
Wed Jun 25 12:27:02 EDT 2003

"What is your specific error?"
- Unable to activate eth1. This is using the RH's network config screen.
- I use ifconfig eth1 up and don't get any output, so I assume it's up

I can get snort to run on the command line with:  snort -b -A fast -c
snort.conf
with snort.conf having this line: var HOME_NET 172.16.0.0/32 (I am testing
inside with a hub between 2 active switches)

It just shows a screen on the console with no more output after loading.
Should the ACID console be showing data?

Also I have the snortd file to start snort upon boot but it never works.
Even after changing eth0 to eth1. Ideas?

I've been working on this all day, maybe I need to step away ... but I am
not getting anywhere.

Jason Whitson
VisionXtreme Computers
www.visionxtreme.net