[Snort-users] Database permissions question

Ahmad Farouk ahfarouk at ...9558...
Wed Jun 25 07:24:15 EDT 2003

Dear Sir,

I want to be removed from the mailing lists, I will travel for a several
weeks and I am afraid of Mail Quota Problems, so please help me to be
removed from Users, Sigs and announce Mailing lists

Best Regards,
AHMAD FAROUK

SENIOR COMPUTER NETWORKS ENGINEER
COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
IDSC (INFORMATION AND DECISION SUPPORT CENTER)
Phone 002-02-7929292     002-02-7391366
FAX 002-02-7391388

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of sunzi
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 1:57 PM
To: John Deagan; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Database permissions question

John,

The permissions required for the tables can be found here:
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/acid_config.html

Also, if you've already had this running, and are just now receiving this
message, there's a chance that too many failed requests caused the IP to be
specifically blocked by MYSQL, and that will require a flush, and just in
case, here's the MySQL page for 'Causes of Access Denied Errors':
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Access_denied.html

hth,
sunzi