[Snort-users] newbie type questions

Roy S. Rapoport snort-users at ...9230...
Tue Jun 24 12:05:11 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:24:26PM -0500, J.C. Woods wrote:
[51 lines deleted]
> What's this? A response replete with reasoning, logic, and positive
> directions for a possible correction to a perennial problem. You mean you
> did not want to simply emote about this issue so that it could continue
> into perpetuity? Well all I can say, Rich, is that you have done a nice job
> with your suggestions on this obviously vexing problem, and I concur with
> your assessment.

What's this? A response quoting 51 lines of text only to add six lines of
your own?

Nobody's been emoting.  People have been expressing concern,
constructively, suggesting newbies search the mailing list.  Rich, very
legitimately, said "lets make "search the mailing list" easier to find for
the newbies," but he's not the first person to engage this thread in a
reasonable manner.

-roy