[Snort-users] Database permissions question

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Mon Jun 23 13:25:03 EDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, John Deagan wrote:

> database: compiled support for ( mysql )
> database: configured to use mysql
> database:          user = root
> database: password is set
> database: database name = snorttest1
> database:          host = *****
> database:   sensor name = unknown:[reading from a file]
> database: mysql_error: Host '*****' is not allowed to connect
> to this MySQL server
>
> Ive got a database on one machine, and snort on another, and now Im having
> programs running snort.  Its saying its not allowed to connect, so are there
> some permissions I have to change?

Ok, I'm teetering on the brink of a rant, but I'm going to try to come
back from the edge--And no, it's not at anyone in particular....

Check the FAQ [0], the ACID FAQ [1], and the archives [2].  It's been
spelled out there more times than I would care to count.

You have the permissions set for one user and are trying to access MySQL
with another user.  Make sure that you have both the username and host
correct and make sure that the correct user at ...780... has permissions to the
DB.

Oh, and 2 penalty drinks [3].

Cheers!

-----