[Snort-users] Database permissions question

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Mon Jun 23 08:27:04 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 05:56, sunzi wrote:
> The permissions required for the tables can be found here:
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/acid_config.html

I believe there is still an error in his list. The Sensor table also
need INSERT and UPDATE rights as Snort (not ACID) needs those rights to
insert itself as a new sensor on startup, and update the CID. Since it
doesn't mention a user account, I assume that the same account is used
by both, Snort and ACID....

Regards,
Frank