[Snort-users] Cisco Catalyst - SNORT

Javier Liendo javier at ...7920...
Mon Jun 23 07:57:04 EDT 2003

hello jose

you'll have to configure the switch port where you are
plugging the snort device as a "span" port...

pls take a look at the following link to see how you
can configure it on a 6000 series catalyst switch...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/swconfig/span.htm

also in my experience, if you configure a switch port
as span then you can not pass any management traffic
through that port so you will have to add another
network card and plug it to another switch port if you
want to manage this device remotely...

saludos

javier

--- "Falvo, Jose Luis - (Arg)" <Jose.Falvo at ...3247...>