[Snort-users] Cisco Catalyst - SNORT

Falvo, Jose Luis - (Arg) Jose.Falvo at ...3247...
Mon Jun 23 07:05:02 EDT 2003

Hi All,
I'm probing Snort in our network. Snort was installed and its run correctly.
Our problem is that snort only listen packet unicast to snort IP or any
broadcast packet of VLAN where its was connected.
Questions is:

In a Cisco Catalyst 8540 or Calalyst 6509, which is configuration port for
SNORT listen all packet of the VLAN?

Regards and thanks,

Jose Luis Falvo
Dpto. Ingeniería
AT&T Latin America
Tel. (54 11) 5288-0182
 Olga Cosentini  1031 - Cap Fed
                                                   Buenos Aires - Argentina

Este mensaje es confidencial. El mismo contiene información reservada
y que no puede ser difundida. Si usted ha recibido este e-mail
por error, por favor avísenos inmediatamente vía e-mail y tenga la
amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema; no deberá copiar el mensaje
ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona. Muchas gracias.

This message is confidential. It contains information that is privileged and
legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,

please let us know immediately by e-mail and delete it from your system;
you should also not copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone.
Thank You.