[Snort-users] Acid Email Alerts

Charlie Blue CharlieBlue at ...348...
Fri Jun 20 14:11:04 EDT 2003

Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2003 22:31 schrieb Brian Gregorcy:
> ya, I toyed with getting alerts to send out when they came in but it never
> worked correctly.  Also, just to get the alerts to send out when you hit
> the button required me to play with sendmail.  I'm a solaris newb so that
> is probably the reason why I never got it to work correctly.
>
> If anyone knows of a way I would also love to hear it.

I'm not sure, but i think you can send e-mails with acid only by hand. For
example you see alters in acid and the you can you the Action 'Send E-Mail'.
Thats it. I don't know a way to send automatic e-mails to sysop if theres an
alert.
You can use syslog and logcheck to do this, i think. I have the same problem
and i'll testing this next week.

Tom