[Snort-users] Acid quickie

David dwad24 at ...722...
Fri Jun 20 07:42:03 EDT 2003

Hello snort enthusiasts! :-) first off.... IMHO, I think it would be a bad move to trade off expertise for speediness.  There is a wealth of extremely talented, intelligent and battle-hardened snorters who a lot of times seem to bend over sideways to help people.  For the price we all paid to purchase snort, ;-)  we are damn lucky for the high class support we receive on this mailing list, and I don't think I have run into that much anywhere else. So too make a long story short, Im sticking it out with the brains's of the operation :-D   now to my questions, sorry...ACID is really nifty, but I recently upgraded php and a few of the sort ascending"<" and sort descending ">"  features when viewing alerts don't work.  For example:  If I want to view alerts by descending timestamp I would click the "<" next to the timestamp column heading.  When I do this, the main DB query page pops up, instead of just re-sorting the current alerts.  The url that is being submitted when
  I do this is:https://blahblahblah/acid_qry_main.php?caller=&num_result_rows=19878&current_view=0&sort_order=time_dDoes this look wrong of the top of anyones head?Unfortunately I am no php expert, I have atempted to munge my way through the different php files to figure out how to make this work, but to no avail. any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am running acid 0.9.6b21 with php-4.3 and have tried viewing ACID with IE 6.0 and netscape 4.7and 6.0 Thanks everybody!  Dave