[Snort-users] Slow? Why mail?

Roy S. Rapoport snort-users at ...9230...
Thu Jun 19 16:47:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:22:14PM -0700, Tobias Rice wrote:
> Just curious, why a list? Forums seem much better. You can *actually*
> search them too!
> How much bandwidth do you think it'd take? If not absurd, I'd host them.

In general, I prefer forums for things that are a peripheral interest
forme -- satellite hacking, some gun ownership forums, literary places,
stuff like that. Things that I actually think about more than once a
week, I want in my mailbox because I can far more customize and
automatically manage my mail than a website.  Plus, it's "push"
technology, which allows me to be lazy.

-roy