[Snort-users] slow

Roy S. Rapoport snort-users at ...9230...
Thu Jun 19 12:05:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 02:46:57PM -0400, Rodney Green wrote:
> I'm just trying to see if we can get something better going as far as an
> e-mail list for snort. I'll probably just unsubscribe from this list and
> forget about it.

In general, people haven't posted here items that were extremely
time-sensitive ("I'm currently getting attacked by this obscure pattern
and am trying to formulate a response to it and have Snort log more of
it").  The absolutely vast majority of posts to snort-users are setup
posts (I have to admit to some minor irk that the vast majority of setup
posts are not Snort setup posts, but that's neither here nor there).

So why is a 1-5 hour lag time in responses unacceptable?

-roy, too used to Usenet