[Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

Dean Davis Dean.Davis at ...9515...
Thu Jun 19 08:46:10 EDT 2003

Hey Dataking:

Have you added a user called "acid" to the mysql databases "user" table?

Connect to mysql using "mysql -p" and do "use mysql;" and "select * from
user;"

Thanks,

Dean Davis, MCSE,MCDBA,CCNA,CNA,N+
Sr. Network Engineer
MBG
370 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY  10017
( Voice     212.822.4429
7 Fax       212.822.4499
E-Mail: mailto:dean.davis at ...9515... <mailto:dean.davis at ...9515...>
Web: http://www.mbg-inc.com <http://www.mbg-inc.com/>
-----Original Message-----
From: D at ...9454...@K|N& [mailto:dataking at ...5190...]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 9:39 AM
To: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net;
snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

OK...maybe this has been answered already and I missed it.  If so, please
indulge me as I would really like to get this system up and running.  I
followed the steps according to the HOW-TO at the following link:
http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml
<http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml> .  Except that I'm setting
this up on a RedHat 9 system with all of the newest package instead of the
ones listed.  Basically everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT the snort
RPMs.  I couldn't find them anywhere.  So I downloaded and installed the
newest release (2.0.0) from tarball.  Now obviously there are some options
that aren't available because of the version differences, which I can
accept.  However, once everything is said and done, I get an access denied
error when I try it out.  I've enclosed a screenshot for clarity.  Is this a
database issue?  A snort issue?  A mysql issue?  Can anyone help????

Thanks....

-the dataking