[Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

Rodney Green rgreen at ...7484...
Thu Jun 19 08:21:09 EDT 2003

Hello. You have to grant the user 'acid' rights to do various things such as INSERT, UPDATE, etc. in the MySQL User Permissions. Also, if you haven't done this, you need to add the db, user, password info to the acid_conf.php file.

Are you using phpMyadmin to manage your MySQL databases? If not, you should check it out. It'll make managing MySQL much easier.

http://www.phpmyadmin.net

-Rod

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: D at ...9454...@K|N&
  To: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net ; snort-users at ...3471...ge.net
  Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 9:39 AM
  Subject: [Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

  OK.maybe this has been answered already and I missed it.  If so, please indulge me as I would really like to get this system up and running.  I followed the steps according to the HOW-TO at the following link:  http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml.  Except that I'm setting this up on a RedHat 9 system with all of the newest package instead of the ones listed.  Basically everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT the snort RPMs.  I couldn't find them anywhere.  So I downloaded and installed the newest release (2.0.0) from tarball.  Now obviously there are some options that aren't available because of the version differences, which I can accept.  However, once everything is said and done, I get an access denied error when I try it out.  I've enclosed a screenshot for clarity.  Is this a database issue?  A snort issue?  A mysql issue?  Can anyone help????

  Thanks..

  -the dataking