[Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

Esler, Joel Contractor EslerJ at ...8772...
Thu Jun 19 08:17:31 EDT 2003

This is a database issue.  acid at ...274... <mailto:acid at ...274...>  doesn't
have permission to access the mysql database.

From: D at ...9454...@K|N& [mailto:dataking at ...5190...]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 9:39 AM
To: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net;
snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

OK...maybe this has been answered already and I missed it.  If so, please
indulge me as I would really like to get this system up and running.  I
followed the steps according to the HOW-TO at the following link:
http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml
<http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml> .  Except that I'm setting
this up on a RedHat 9 system with all of the newest package instead of the
ones listed.  Basically everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT the snort
RPMs.  I couldn't find them anywhere.  So I downloaded and installed the
newest release (2.0.0) from tarball.  Now obviously there are some options
that aren't available because of the version differences, which I can
accept.  However, once everything is said and done, I get an access denied
error when I try it out.  I've enclosed a screenshot for clarity.  Is this a
database issue?  A snort issue?  A mysql issue?  Can anyone help????

Thanks....

-the dataking