[Snort-users] ACID/mysql/snort install

D@...9454...@K|N& dataking at ...5190...
Thu Jun 19 06:42:13 EDT 2003

OK.maybe this has been answered already and I missed it.  If so, please
indulge me as I would really like to get this system up and running.  I
followed the steps according to the HOW-TO at the following link:
http://www.madisonlinux.org/help/snort.shtml.  Except that I'm setting
this up on a RedHat 9 system with all of the newest package instead of
the ones listed.  Basically everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT
the snort RPMs.  I couldn't find them anywhere.  So I downloaded and
installed the newest release (2.0.0) from tarball.  Now obviously there
are some options that aren't available because of the version
differences, which I can accept.  However, once everything is said and
done, I get an access denied error when I try it out.  I've enclosed a
screenshot for clarity.  Is this a database issue?  A snort issue?  A
mysql issue?  Can anyone help????

Thanks..

-the dataking