[Snort-users] Clearing the snort database

PPowenski at ...9469... PPowenski at ...9469...
Thu Jun 19 03:58:05 EDT 2003

Straight from mysql web site....

MySQL Version 3.22 had a 4 GB (4 gigabyte) limit on table size. With the
MyISAM table type in MySQL Version 3.23, the maximum table size was pushed
up to 8 million terabytes (2 ^ 63 bytes).

Note, however, that operating systems have their own file-size limits.

-----Original Message-----
From: Schmehl, Paul L [mailto:pauls at ...6838...]
Sent: 17 June 2003 19:01
To: Michael.Mulholland at ...9481...; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Clearing the snort database

I doubt the database is "full".  What's probably happening is that ACID can
no longer load its tables in a reasonable amount of time.  The bigger the
database, the slower ACID loads.

Frankly I think you should call the consultant and ask him to finish the
job.  Otherwise you are going to have to learn what each of the tables do
and which have data that you can delete and which don't.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member