[Snort-users] snortsam and debian

Hans Steinraht hsteinraht at ...9358...
Thu Jun 19 03:01:31 EDT 2003

hi,
I have succesfully installed snort on a linux debian box and all is
running well

Next I like to install SnortSam to have the possibility to block ip's.

My problem is: there is no deb-package for it.
I could download the Snort sources and complile them by myself but then I
miss the automatic updates for my rulesets from debian (apt)

Does anyone has some ideas how to get SnortSam installed on a Debian
machine, or are there maybe alternatives that can block ip addresses after
Snort has detect something.

Any help is apreciated,
Hans