[Snort-users] eth0 interface does not log? anyone?

hallian hallian hallian at ...125...
Wed Jun 18 20:53:02 EDT 2003

Hello everyone.....

I have snort installed and I'm trying to monitor both eth0 and eth1
interfaces within my test lab.  What has baffled me the entire day is that I
can only log alerts from my eth1 and NOT eth0.  Its making me crazy!  This
sis what I have and read thru the FAQ too.

I'm running this command:

/usr/local/bin/snort -i eth0 -l /var/log/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -u
snort -g snort -d -s -A fast

I see all the packets coming thru but no logs/alerts even though i ran
nmap!!!! But it works for eth1.  I have not touched my snorf.conf file
except for my:

var EXTERNAL_NET any
var HOME_NET 10.1.1.0/24

Is anyone facing the same problem!!!!