[Snort-users] Total Cost of Ownership for Snort Implementation?

twig les twigles at ...131...
Wed Jun 18 09:55:18 EDT 2003

I've said this before on this list but it bears repeating.
NEVER get an IDS that doesn't allow you to look at the actual
signatures.  You want to factor TCO?  Try spending 30 minutes
trying to figure out what set off a single signature with a
combo of tcpdump and netcat.  Even then you aren't really sure.

=====