[Snort-users] WinSnort: Packets Statistics not showing

Uso usofwd at ...158...
Tue Jun 17 23:47:25 EDT 2003

I used to be able to see snort packet statistics after I press CTRL+C
After reinstalling the system I don't get any statistics anymore. actually
CTRL+C does not have an effect and I have to press CTRL+Break.
The only time it works is if I use the -E switch for Windows Eventlog
logging. In that case Ctrl+C works but that's not a solution.

Basically I just need a way to find out if Snort can handle my load or not.
Any tools out there that can do that?
At the moment I spanned one of my VLANs to the Snort port and Snort is
working and logging alerts (false positives) with little packet drop (2%).
However nothing else works i.e. I can browse ther internet or ping a local
server. This is an experimental setup. I guess I need to use another NIC for
connecting to the network.