[Snort-users] spp_stream4 Stealth Activity detect

John Hally JHally at ...5637...
Tue Jun 17 13:02:09 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I'm constantly getting alerts (40-100 per day) from the stream4 preprocessor
for stealth activity.  When I look at the packet trace, it looks benign (web
traffic), except for the Ack/Push/Reset flags being set.  My understanding
of the Stealth alert is that there's no matching state info in the state
tables that snort keeps.  Is it possible that the state tables are
'flushing' too soon, or I just don't have enough memory for the type of
traffic I'm monitoring?  Am I way off?

Thanks in Advance,

John H.