[Snort-users] Sorry for such question, but ...

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Tue Jun 17 08:14:19 EDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, magre wrote:

> Wanted to ask one question - is snort able to sniff another IP
> address(another - not from the home network).
>
> I have one IP address, that want to sniff for logs.  This IP has our
> Clan's server for game "Jedi Knight 2:Jedi Outcast", and I want to
> listen to what server writes in console. What is written there is
> readable by SIMPLE user that logged on to server through the
> game. But I'm not able to lauch full game, so i wanted to launch
> some programm to listen to server. Is such procedure possible ?

The simplest answer is "No."  Basically if you're not on the same
_physical_ segment (plugged into the same device that the other machine is
on), you're not going to be able to do it.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams