[Snort-users] Help with Config Idea

Ferguson, Michael Ferguson at ...9475...
Mon Jun 16 09:27:27 EDT 2003

G'Day All.

I have a mixed mode Windows Network (2K and NT servers and W2K Prof and
WinXP workstations) behind a Watchguard Firebox.
I would like to setup Snort on a RedHat 8 or 9 box to  do its work.
Can you please give me some ideas such as:
RedHat 8 or 9?
Computer hardware config?
Where - on the network - do I place the Snort box? graphical representation
would be great.
Web type interface to view/run reports?

The mechanice of loading the O/S and snort etc should not be a problem for
me.

Thanks very much for your help.
'preciate it.

Ferg
 <mailto:ferguson at ...9473...> ferguson at ...9473...
a man who feels the winds of change should build not a windbreak, but a
windmill