[Snort-users] plz help

Esler, Joel Contractor EslerJ at ...8772...
Mon Jun 16 08:03:27 EDT 2003

There is no automatic Snort tools.  Everything requires setup.  ACID is
automatic, once you get it set up.  go to www.snort.org
<http://www.snort.org> ..  download.  install..

read.

From: Gaurav Kumar [mailto:gaurav_e2 at ...131...]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 10:22 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] plz help

hello friends!

i am wondering if someone can plz let me know if some good GUI are avaliable
for snort..i know that IDScentre is one but i dont know how to configure
snort with it.
it asks for server..how do i setup a snort server on linux box.

one more question plz tell me some addons that can alert me my email as soon
as an alert is detected ..ACID as got one but that is not automatic..u have
to manully send emails. also tell me the name of that software that will
change firewall rules(iptables) based upon the alert.

plz reply back.

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://promo.yahoo.com/s
bc/> Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!