[Snort-users] plz help

Chris N. chris.northrop at ...406...
Mon Jun 16 07:49:18 EDT 2003

Try
"IDS Policy Manager"  from  http://www.activeworx.com  , very simple but a
Little glitchy...  uses ssh to update sensors. I made a script to auto restart
snort after updates, if your interested..

Gud Luck

Chris N.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Gaurav Kumar
  Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 10:22 AM
  To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Subject: [Snort-users] plz help

  hello friends!

  i am wondering if someone can plz let me know if some good GUI are avaliable
for snort..i know that IDScentre is one but i dont know how to configure snort
with it.
  it asks for server..how do i setup a snort server on linux box.

  one more question plz tell me some addons that can alert me my email as soon
as an alert is detected ..ACID as got one but that is not automatic..u have to
manully send emails. also tell me the name of that software that will change
firewall rules(iptables) based upon the alert.

  plz reply back.