[Snort-users] Snort statistics - packet drops

Martin Olsson elof at ...6680...
Mon Jun 16 05:30:11 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Zach Forsyth wrote:
> Just wondering if there is a way to see how many packets snort is
> dropping when it is logging to a DB?
> I know it can be done when run as snort -vi2, or similar as when you
> kill the process it shows you the stats.

There's a small bug in snort that prevents it from dumping the statistics
when killed, if run in daemon-mode. I've reported this some time ago.

So, if run without the -D switch you should get the statistics when
killing the process (or sending -SIGUSR1).

Martin Olsson
Sentor AB, Sweden