[Snort-users] Acid/PHP/MySQL/Apache working ... But one more question

Esler, Joel Contractor EslerJ at ...8772...
Sat Jun 14 10:37:07 EDT 2003

Thanks. However, not the whole picture..

I compile snort with the --with-mysql=<IP>:<port>??

From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...9077...]
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 12:46 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Acid/PHP/MySQL/Apache working ... But one more
question

Install Snort on the remote sensors and have the database plug-in point to
the MySQL database on the master sensor. You need a clear shot from the
slave to the master on the designated port. You need to make sure the remote
sensor has the necessary permissions to insert data into the database. Also
set the sensor_name in the plug-in to that slave's unique hostname so you
can distinguish between which sensor the alert originated from.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...