[Snort-users] SNMP plug-in problems (repost)

Lee Nelson Civ AFRL/IFGA Nelson.Lee at ...9436...
Thu Jun 12 10:38:24 EDT 2003

Sorry everyone for getting this email twice. There was a problem with my
webmail client and it wasn't filling in the proper reply-to address. Please
send any help to this address.

The original post is below:

Hello all,

This is my first time posting so if I sound like I don't know what I'm
talking about, please forgive me.

I'm running redhat 9, snort 2.0.0, and trying to apply the plug-in patch.
I get four errors, two of which were easily fixed. The first two were
that the path to etc/snort.conf and plugbase.c couldn't be found or
patched, but I filled in the correct path when prompted. (I don't know
if anyone else has had this problem) The last two problems occur when
trying to patch the Makefile.am and Makefile.in, I get the following
errors:

patching file Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.am.rej
patching file Makefile.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 84
Hunk #2 FAILED at 99
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.in.rej

I try to configure anyway and get a undefined reference to
'SnmpTrapSetup' in plugbase.c.

Please help anybody. I am a novice at snort trying to set up snmp
support. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.