[Snort-users] errors running ACID in a Win2K configuration

Francesco friscom at ...1877...
Wed Jun 11 13:05:05 EDT 2003

I face a problem running ACID in Windows while collecting data from
a  snort sensor in Linux.

Well, it is mainly related to some errors I get when accessing the ACID
main page with the browser.

Let me try to explain:
- the Win2K system I use to display the results has MySQL 4.0.x installed
and ADODB 3.40, PHP 4.3.1 and ACID acid-0.9.6b23.

I can resume the information through ACID and the main page (acid.html) is
clean, ith no error but when I access any further page (for instance the
snapshot of the most recent Alerts, for any protocol,
http://127.0.0.1/acid/acid_qry_main.php?new=1&caller=last_any&num_result_rows=-1&submit=Last%20Any),
I have a long list of errors of this kind:

1. Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 353

2. Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 354

3. Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 355

4. Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 508

5. Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 509

6. Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 183

7. Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_criteria.inc on line 380

8. Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 403

9. Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acid\acid_state_citems.inc on line 553

Is anyone easy to understand where the problem lies and help me to
understand how to fix?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Francesco