[Snort-users] ACID question 2

Roy S. Rapoport snort-users at ...9230...
Wed Jun 11 08:57:18 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 08:52:56AM -0400, Esler, Joel  Contractor wrote:
> I have Openssl installed...  and the newest php....  and I am still
> receiving the error....

[I have to admit to ambivalence in deciding whether or not to help -- I
fear that as we let the subject matter of the posts drift further and
further away from *Snort*, we're getting closer and closer to a post one
day that will start "Hi, I'm trying to install Snort!  So I'm working on
setting up a Redhat 11 system, and I'm having a problem having my mom's
PC boot from the thingy, you know, the place where I put the coasters.
Can anyone help?"]

Anyway, having said that and probably solidified everyone's opinions of
me as a cranky asshole, I'll note that likely, PHP is linked against
OpenSSL, but that the path which the OS uses to search for libraries
does not include the place where the SSL libraries are.

Ideally, you want to be able to compile PHP without having to tell the
system where the OpenSSL libraries are manually (either through
./configure options or through LD_LIBRARY_PATH).  I've simply added
libraries that I know many other programs will refer to (mysql, db, ssl)
to the system path.  How do you do this? Well, on Solaris you use crle;
Sadly, the Linux box I usually have access to is down right now, so I
can't look into it, but ... ldconfig, maybe?

-roy