[Snort-users] ACID And MYSQL

John Ceballos-contr John.Ceballos-contr at ...9411...
Mon Jun 9 13:33:05 EDT 2003

Hello all!

First, I was hoping if somebody can either explain to me or point to me in the right direction as to how ACID and MYSQL work. The mechanics really. I get the distinct impression that the database is not written to until somebody logs into ACID. Am I wrong on this? If so, please correct me.

Second, has anybody done a webpage where it queries the MYSQL database but it doesn't return the right information until you log into ACID? IF so, how did you fix it where you don't have to log into ACID to return the correct info? Thanks all for your help!

Some info:
RHL 7.3
Snort 2.0
mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.53a, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)