[Snort-users] Problems with Snort and MySQL on FreeBSD 5

Joo Carlos Couto jonplas115 at ...125...
Mon Jun 9 10:36:14 EDT 2003

Thank You for answering...

Don't worry, I did run "make install" after "make -DWITH_MYSQL" and
everything went fine. But it simply doesn't work!!!
Let's start again. Boot runs ok, apache initialized, Idled ... , MySQL, ...
and when it has to come up with Snort, I get the following error:
"If this built of Snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g., rpm, or
Windows) , then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary
'mysql' support. ..."
So, I don't have the Snort service started.
If I try to start this by hand, using the snort.sh script, it gives me no
errors and seens to start the service. But I have nothing written in my
database.