[Snort-users] Connecting through Snortcenter

Roy S. Rapoport snort-users at ...9230...
Thu Jun 5 07:58:07 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 10:08:17AM -0400, Ryan Koster wrote:
> I have a connection issue.  I am brand new to snort and I am using the
> guide from superhac.com to walk me through the process.  Everything has
> been going well until I tried to connect my snort sensor to the
> management console using snortcenter.  I followed the directions exactly
> and I am unable to connect.  Since it is using port 2525 to connect is
> there something I need to do with that on either machine?  I run nmap
> -sT -O localhost to view open ports and that port does not appear as
> open.  Is that my problem or is there something else?  Please help.

[Do we need a separate mailing list for Snort-Center? ACID?]

There's a component of SnortCenter -- SnortCenter Agent -- that you
should be running on each system running Snort.  It's available from the
same place you got SnortCenter.

-roy