[Snort-users] Installation question

Tim Slininger lsclari at ...125...
Wed Jun 4 16:08:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

This is probably a really simple problem so I'll apologize in advance for
taking up the time.  I installed snort and acid using the RH9.0 guide from
the website.  I'm currently running RH7.3, with all the services required to
run snort at their most up-to-date levels.  Now the problem I'm having is
that I use the start-up script to start snort and it echoes back "SNORT is
up and running!"  But then when I grep ps for "snort" I don't get anything
back.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

~Tim