[Snort-users] SCAN UPnP service discover attempt

Mark Williamson snortuser at ...9376...
Wed Jun 4 08:27:18 EDT 2003

Michel - It is definately stopped - not disabled, still it ticks :(

Ahh, Thank you Thomas - This sounds like it might be the issue then,
thanks,
So i just grep away these entries for this host from my alert log i
suppose.

- Still, this seems strange to me - I believe all of the XP
installations here to be of the same version with the same patches
applied which makes it strange that 2 of them insist on sending UPnP
while the rest are happy
without.

Time for some more investigation into versions i suppose although why
they can't just use linux and have done with these stealthy services
trying to be helpful for them i still don't know .

Thanks all, you have been most helpful,

Best Regards
Mark