[Snort-users] Snort On win2k server

Francois CONTAT Francois.CONTAT at ...9354...
Tue Jun 3 04:52:07 EDT 2003

Hello,

You can find good documentation at this page : http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-win2k.htm
Next, the best way to use snort is to connect the snooping interface on the same switch that your IIS is connected to. Then you configure your switch to monitor the IIS's port to the snort's port (snooping interface).

I think that are the best ways to manage your snort for analyzing the IIS's traffic.