[Snort-users] 3 quick questions

storm storm-shadow at ...5068...
Mon Jun 2 14:53:04 EDT 2003

3 quick questions.

1. Below is an example of the beginning of my snort.conf. I *attempted* to correctly define the HOME_NET. I noticed one line was set to "HOME_NET any", so I put a # sign in front of it. Was I correct in doing this?? I figured defining HOME_NET once was enough.

2. When I go to edit the SNORT DECODER. Do I simply just uncomment the existing lines?

3. snort -A fast -c /full/route/to/snort.conf      is the proper way to run in IDS mode with alerting correct?

TIA
storm

PS: the first time i tried to send this, it didnt go through