[Snort-users] Snort 2.0 and SNMP - Plugin error

Mike Koponick mkoponick at ...7385...
Sun Jun 1 16:11:31 EDT 2003

Erek,

I applied the patch that was supplied...I'll check out the plugbase.c
file today.

Thanks for the direction pointing..

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Erek Adams [mailto:erek at ...950...]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 7:57 AM
To: Mike Koponick
Cc: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort 2.0 and SNMP - Plugin error

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Mike Koponick wrote:

> I' attempting to start SNMP with SNORT. The issue that I am having is
> that snort will not start (nor test) and fails on the snmp plugin.

[...snip...]

I'm not sure if you realize it, but SNMP support was removed from 2.0.

On the other hand, there is a patch [0] that will add support.

Now, if you've already grabbed that patch...  It sounds like 'trap_snmp'
output plugin wasn't registered.  Make sure there was a patch made to
plugbase.c.  If I were to guess, I'd say something didn't work with the
patch.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams