[Snort-users] Newbie

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Thu Jul 31 12:57:15 EDT 2003

Dwane,

It will require a Webserver, MySQL, and ACID.

Direct Snort to your MySQL database and direct ACID to use the database, and
of course you need a webserver, either Apache or IIS. Take a look at the
guides on my website for some ideas. There is a guide for installing a slave
sensor for windows which should give you an idea of what needs to be done on
your Linux box.

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...
 Website: http://www.winsnort.com

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Atkins, Dwane
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:09 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Newbie

Here is my TEST scenario:  I am using Red Hat Linux as my sensor and want to
use Windows 2000 as my console for viewing and reporting errors.  I think I
can get the Linux box configured to to sniff packet, but how do I configure
the console on Windows 2000?  What applications will I need to install?

Also, is there a way to get a preconfigured install for the Red Hat
installation?  Please let me know at atkinsd at ...9762...