[Snort-users] where to get really get Win32 Snort binaries?

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Jul 28 17:12:03 EDT 2003

All,

The Snort Win32 binaries on my Winsnort.com site are built by Chris Reid. I
pull it from www.codecraftconsultants.com as soon as a new build is
available.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...
 Website: http://www.winsnort.com

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Chris Green
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 8:51 AM
To: Jon Baer
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] where to get really get Win32 Snort binaries?

"Jon Baer" <security at ...9153...> writes:

> sorry for the confusing question ...
>
> but ... do Win32 developers work in sync with items?  im trying to figure
> out where to get Win32 Snort 2.0.1 binaries from ...

The snort.org ones are built by Chris Reid and he also maintains them
at his site.  They are to be copied from his site -> snort.org.
Somewhere, probably my notification, failed and we haven't gotten that
done yet.

We ran into a couple packaging snafu's on my end with the release that
postponed things and a 2.0.2 release will correct them.

> from what i know or seem to know from observing list/sites:
>
> snort.org - not available (only *nix)
> winsnort.com - built by michael steele?
> http://www.codecraftconsultants.com/Snort.aspx - built by chris reid?

> both claim to have flexRESP support but via libnetNT but its broken(?) and
> then the special binary passed around via Jeff Nathan which has updated
> support for libnetNT ... (i don't know if this info is correct)

Only way I'll know is if you test it and get back to me on that.  I
don't know anything about libnetNT.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures.