[Snort-users] BPF filters and Demarc

Gary Danko GDanko at ...9744...
Mon Jul 28 15:45:11 EDT 2003

Hi all. I want to start Snort with the -F switch when I use Demarc. In
Demarc's configuration file I have this entry for Snort options:

# Additional  Snort command-line options (default: "-o -q")
snort_options = "-o -de"

I changed it to something like this to try and load my bpf filter file:

# Additional  Snort command-line options (default: "-o -q")
snort_options = "-F /usr/local/demarc/conf/bpf-filters.conf -o -de"

Demarc is unable to start Snort when I include this file. Has anyone used
Demarc/Snort with a bpf filters file?