[Snort-users] Win32 Snort as a service: Error 1067

Michael Bowman michaelb at ...9721...
Mon Jul 28 06:37:22 EDT 2003

Hello list,
	I'm trying to set up Snort on a 2000 SP4 machine, and after I get
snort and mysql installed, and try to run snort as a service, I get an error
1067, unexpected termination. When I run it from the command prompt (with
the -v switch) it runs, but when I stop it, I get
	"pcap_loop: read error: PacketReceivePacket failed" and then the
next line is the run time for packet processing.

	I've got 2k SP4 with snort 2.0.1 on WinpCap 3.

Thanks!

Michael Bowman