[Snort-users] Snort + LCD display

eth eth at ...9735...
Sat Jul 26 10:08:02 EDT 2003

Hi,
I have some interesting idea - I want to connect LCD display (simple
alphanumeric LCD based on hd44780 chip) to my server and use Snort to
display security alerts on it. I'm planning use LCDproc server for
controling the LCD and write my own programm (I prefer C++) to
communicate between Snort and LCDproc.

But I don't know how to implement the communication method. Firstly I
wanted to processing Snort log files by my program and display alerts on
LCD, but this program has to check log files every (in example) 1
minute. Is there any method to display alerts on-the-fly (without
checking log files or database every X minutes)?
What Snort output system  will be the best in this case (I prefer
displaying alerts immediately)?
Maybe any other solutions? Please help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Best regards