[Snort-users] Snort and Portsentry ...

Valics Lehel lvalics at ...9733...
Sat Jul 26 01:38:02 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm new on SNORT, I used until today PSIONIC products, but I saw that was
aquired by CISCO, so I think no updates will be avaible.
I heard that SNORT can do things like PORTSENTRY AND LOGSENTRY (correct
someone if I'm wrong), but still I'm confusing on some things.

I installed SNORT, working now (it seems after 3 hours of running) and also
ACID ..
Now what I'm not sure that I still need to use PORTSENTRY for blocking
attackes or SNORT will do this?
I saw a Guardian? This is a replacer of PORTSENTRY?

Someone please guide me.

--
Regards,
Valics Lehel