[Snort-users] Documentation suggestions regarding the unreliability flexresp.

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Jul 25 11:34:05 EDT 2003

At 01:21 PM 7/25/2003 -0500, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
>I use flexresp routinely.  I view it as harassment.  They're harassing
>me, so I'm going to harass them back.  I don't really care if it works
>perfectly.  As long as it sends resets I'm happy with that.
>
>Am I an idiot too?  ;-)

Nah, because you don't have the expectation that it works well and/or reliably.

I merely stated only a fool would use it under the expectation of it
"working well". I didn't say it was outright useless, it just has limits
you need to be aware of.