[Snort-users] source quench icmp and advice

cc cc at ...9707...
Thu Jul 24 18:29:09 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been getting quite a few of these icmp packets
from a particular host, and I'm a little perturbed
about this.

I've read about what a source quench packet does
so I'm worried whether or not my routing system
is screwed up or if the packet source IP is
DoS'ing me.

Also, I'd like to get some advice.  On what
system should snort be used?   I'm currently
testing it on my company's firewall.  Is that
the right place?  I figured that since that's
the access point from the Net to the LAN,
it would be a right place to check what
items of interest are hitting my firewall.

Thanks

** All information contained in this email is strictly     **
** confidential and may be used by the intended receipient **
** only.                                                   **