FW: [Snort-users] Remote packet sniffing?

CMartin at ...9696... CMartin at ...9696...
Thu Jul 24 12:57:03 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin, Chris
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:56 PM
To: 'Michael Bowman'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Remote packet sniffing?

Glad to help Michael.  And Yep they will insert into a mysql db on linux :-)
But I have only tested on the Ethernet connections on my computer (which
generally im not at all the time).  So I don't know how well a snort sniffer
on your primary NIC(or modem I believe in this case) at 56k will work.  It's
possible that it will miss packets and possibly miss reporting to the main
server.  Never really ran snort on 56k connection.

Chris