[Snort-users] Status of Snort and the Rules - Stalled???

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Thu Jul 24 06:20:04 EDT 2003

"Michael Steele" <mikes at ...9057...> writes:

> Hello All:
>
> Does anyone know why Snort has been stalled at the latest June 13th
> build?

Sourceforge changed their setup and the automated snapshots were
dependent on the anonymous CVS stuff I believe.  Sourceforge is on a
atleast 24 hour delay now so it takes a while for a commit to make it
to the anonymous side.

> It also seems the Rules are not being updated as often as they were.

Huh?  There have been several commits on rules recently.

> Is this a new trend???
>
> Has Sourcefire shifted priorities?

<sigh> No.

> NOTE: These are just general question, NOT meant to stir anything up and I'm
> asking for my own personal knowledge. This could have already been brought
> up and I missed the post.

Thanks for the disclaimer to diffuse the previous statements.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
Chicken's thinkin'