[Snort-users] Status of Snort and the Rules - Stalled???

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Wed Jul 23 12:02:33 EDT 2003

At 01:57 PM 7/23/2003 -0400, Bennett Todd wrote:
> > It also seems the Rules are not being updated as often as they were.
>
>I can't say I'd noted that, I have seen updated recently as often as
>they used to be --- not uncommonly one every week or two.

There could also be a very minor slowdown in rule development as a lot of
focus is currently being applied to get all the rules documented. Thus, at
least some small percentage of the time that might have been spent on new
rules has been spent documenting the existing ones.

Of course, the process of documenting them will make it a bit easier to
check them for correctness, so might just result in a giant wave of rule
fixes right after the docs get wound up.